The intellectual focus of the program includes the following research topics:
- Model-based design for component-based systems;
- Wireless networks;
- Embedded control systems and algorithms;
- Sensory data processing and sensor fusion;
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) communication; and
- Scalability of algorithms/systems (multi-vehicle, multi-device).
- Vehicular Security
Students do not need to have existing expertise in these areas, a background sufficient for standing as an engineering or computer science/mathematics senior will be sufficient. Additional background and cross-cutting themes in these topics will be covered in short courses that are presented by the graduate student mentors, and selected faculty from the ECE department, in order to address common tool usage questions and familiarity with fundamental concepts.